Thursday, April 5, 2007

Manila, T minus 15 hours

It's 15 hours til departure time for the MNL-SIN leg of my trip. I only have two hours in SIN, so hopefully I'll have time to meet up with my friend dr. sbdink at Changi Terminal 2.

This trip will be the longest time I'll be alone and away from home. I've been abroad for three weeks many times before, but they're for Christmas with my folks in the US so it's practically home. This time I'll be away on business in places I've never been to (ok, I've been to FRU once) and where English is not widely spoken. I'll have to say a lot of, "Pazhalsta, ya nye panemayu," and "Gavaritye pa anggliskiy?" during my trip. Also, the food will be alien to me-- even a foodie like me will eventually look for familiar comfort food. But in any case, it'll be an adventure; I just hope work and its attendant stress don't get too much in the way.

---

I'll miss you so much, Dear. Text me always. Take care.

No comments: