Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Auschwitz... Dachau... Mauthausen... Taguig

Seems like the fallout after the idiotic siege of Manila Pen just keeps on coming:


Textbook Godwin's Law. Genius linking "final option" with "final solution", but why stop there? There's final exams, Final Fantasy, the World Cup Finals... the list goes on, you know.

I didn't post about the whole media thing after that idiotic siege, but I did make a comment about it in my Dear's blog. For the record, here's what I said about the whole thing:

I listened to the whole event on radio, and I don't think the police "arrested" media people because they were covering the event. The fog of war (ok, fog of idiotic coup) was present at the time, and I can't blame the police for picking up everyone in the same room as Trillanes and his cabal. The media people claim that they were well aware of the risks involved in staying-- well, being mixed up with the coup plotters is one of those risks. Trillanes used the media people as human shields, and the media people were more than happy to oblige. Well, willing human shields should not complain when they're caught in the crossfire.

The media freedom card should not be used wantonly. Media people should know the difference between an attack on press freedom and an attack on their personal convenience.

And by fallout I mean the pieces that fall after idiots smear their shit on the walls.

No comments: